You’ll join the Online Classroom directly from your Tutorful account on your desktop or laptop computer. Please join the lesson a few minutes before your start time so you’re all ready - you’ll be taken to a countdown screen and then, at the start time of your lesson, you’ll be taken through to the Online Classroom automatically.
Before the lesson, you should make sure that you have the following:
- We strongly recommend using a headset with a built-in microphone for the best experience in the Online Classroom. If you don’t have a headset with a built-in microphone, but have headphones and a separate microphone then that will work fine - just make sure you do use the headphones rather than computer speakers to ensure your audio doesn’t cause an echo or feedback for the other user.
Note: using Apple headphones with a Mac may cause an echo
- A good internet connection, wired if possible! At a minimum, you'll need a download and upload speed greater than 2MB/s, but we recommend a download and upload speed greater than 6MB/s to ensure your lesson runs smoothly (you can test your speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/)
- We strongly recommend using Firefox browser where possible - unfortunately you won’t be able to use Safari or Internet Explorer to access the lesson space as neither are compatible with the technology we use, yet. Google Chrome will also work fine on Windows computers, but try to avoid if you are using a Mac.
- A working webcam - your laptop may already have this built in.
The following is optional, but may improve your experience:
- A writing tablet - this will allow you to use the handwriting feature on the lesson space more easily. Have a look on Amazon for some here. Please check with your manufacturer that the writing tablet is compatible with your PC/Mac, as some tablets may not be compatible with all models. If you have an iPad, iPhone and a Mac computer, you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a writing tablet using an app like http://astropad.com/