It's really important to make sure that your camera and microphone are enabled in your browser in order to get the best experience from your online lessons. For your browser we strongly recommend using Firefox where possible.
To enable your microphone and camera in Mozilla Firefox:
- When you open the Online Classroom in Firefox it should prompt you to enable your camera and microphone: "Allow" this when prompted, making sure to select the correct microphone and camera
- When working, there should be a picture of a camera and microphone at the top of the screen - clicking on these will show exactly which camera and microphone you are allowing and using
- If you've previously blocked your microphone and camera in the classroom, you'll likely see this at the top of the screen, just to the left of the address bar:
- To enable them, click the button shown above and hit the X. You should then be asked again whether you'd like to allow the classroom to use your camera and microphone (you may need to refresh the classroom).
- Whilst in the online classroom:
- If it's your first time in the online classroom, you may be shown a pop-up asking you to enable your camera and microphone - make sure you allow this!
- If you don't see the pop-up:
- Click the picture of a camera or microphone to the right of the address bar
- Make sure you are allowing the correct camera and microphone in the menu that appears
- Clicking the padlock symbol to the left of the address bar will bring up a list of everything allowed and not allowed on the page - make sure that both your camera and microphone are allowed
Google's own help articles may help, too:
If you've made changes to your permissions, you may need to refresh the classroom to see these changes!