Creating a profile intro video is an immediate way to connect with prospective students. The video should offer a glimpse into your distinctive tutoring style and qualities, and allow students and parents to get a feel for you as a tutor.
Follow these steps to create your engaging video:
1. Introduce yourself (10–20 seconds)
- What is your first name?
- What do you teach?
2. How can you help students reach their goals? (10-20 seconds)
- What can students expect in your lessons?
- Do you have a preferred teaching method?
3. End (10-20 seconds)
- Why should potential students book a lesson with you?
- Thank them for watching your video.
Before recording your video take a look at our guidelines below to make sure your video meets our requirements.
Make sure you:
- Record your video horizontally and at eye level
- Create a video between 30 - 60 seconds
- Ensure you have good lighting and a neutral background
- Record in a quiet place with no background noise
- Make sure your face is fully visible
- Highlight your teaching skills and experience
- Say your surname or contact details
- Use frames, borders, or any filters on your video
- Have anyone other than yourself in the video
- Use slideshows, presentations, or demo lessons
- Include any links or logos
Please note we won’t be able to use your video if the guidelines aren’t followed
Don’t forget to watch the video after recording it to check that you are happy with the sound and image quality, as well as the content.
Submitting your video:
When the video is ready, upload it either to YouTube or Vimeo, and share your URL here. If you upload your video to YouTube, mark it as “Unlisted”. This means that only those who have the direct link can see your video. If you upload it to Vimeo, select “Anyone” or “People with the private link” in the settings.