Don't worry, it's probably nothing serious!
There are a few reasons why our automated system might struggle to verify your ID. Following the steps below should help you troubleshoot why your ID document has failed our checks:
- Have you uploaded a government-issued photo ID? We can generally only accept a passport or driving license. Unfortunately, we cannot accept residents cards or birth certificates.
- Have you provided us with proof of your billing address? If you don’t have a UK driving licence, you’ll need to upload an additional document as proof of address. This article has more information about what we accept as proof of address.
- Are the personal details you've entered on the ID page correctly and do they match up exactly with what is written on your ID document? Double-check the name and date of birth details that you have entered, as your ID won't pass there are any mistakes there.
- Is the photo blurry or is there any 'glare' on the page? Check that all of the written information in your ID document is clear and can be easily read. Our automated system will not be able to verify documents that are too blurred.
- Is the whole document visible? Make sure, for example, that the whole of the card part of your driving license or the whole of the photo page in your passport is in the shot, including the long string of characters at the bottom.
It will need to be a photographic file, e.g. JPEG or PNG, it cannot be a PDF. Your ID will also need to be in colour and date or we cannot accept it.
If you're sure you've followed all of the above and are still struggling to get your ID document verified, please get in touch with us via our "Contact Us" page and we will be able to advise you further.