We are always looking for new tutors to join our Tutorful family so we can help you grow your tuition business!
To join us as a tutor you must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Live in the UK
- Possess the right to work as self-employed within the UK
- Have at least one year's formal tutoring experience
To create your profile, simply click on the ‘Become a Tutor’ link in the banner at the top of the page.
You'll then need to click Start Teaching:
From here, you will be invited to create your very own beautiful tutor profile in which you can advertise your expertise to the thousands of students that visit our site each week! It doesn’t take long to complete your profile and once you are live we will quickly start matching you with new students.
On your profile, you will need to add a tagline, rate, profile photo, bio, qualifications and subjects you would like to offer. We will also need a copy of your ID, proof of your address and at least two references to complete your application.
Your application will be either accepted or rejected based on a few different criteria. We will be reviewing your application based on:
- The standard of your profile: A tutor’s profile is vital as it is what prospective students will see and makes a huge difference to the number of enquiries you will receive! We have a standard that we hold all of our tutor profiles to, you can see how to complete your profile here.
- The outcome of your one-to-one interview: During your interview, you’ll be asked to demonstrate how you teach and your interviewer will mark you on certain criteria. Unfortunately, if you are unsuccessful following your interview you won’t be asked to attend our training seminars!
- Attendance at our training sessions: If your interview is successful, we will give you two weeks to attend our training sessions. There are two sessions, one on using Tutorful and the other on using our online classroom.
- Your conduct when speaking to the Customer Support Team: Here at Tutorful, we expect all of our users to treat our team with respect. This is vital as it means we know you hold the same values as the company and will represent us well when interacting with students and staff.
In regards to the application process, here are the steps we will ask you to undertake in order to get tutoring on our platform:
- Complete your profile to a high standard, using our onboarding video as a guide
- Demonstrate your teaching in a 1-1 interview
- Attend training seminars
- Receive a copy of our Tutor Handbook and seminar recordings
- Once your references have been approved, you will go live on the site