If you’ve come to Tutorful to sign-up to be a tutor with us and received notification that your application has been unsuccessful, it will be because you weren’t able to confirm all of the statements that we ask you to. Below will explain a little more in detail about why it is important to confirm each statement.
I am 18 or older, live in and have the right to work as self-employed in the UK
- You must be aged 18 or older to work with us due to the nature of the work (working with children)
- You must live in the UK to work with us as we only operate within the UK, under UK law and we require a UK mobile number and bank account to be registered
- You must be legally entitled to work as self-employed within the UK as our tutors are self-employed.
I do not already have a tutor account with Tutorful
- We only allow tutors to have one account with us so you don’t lose any of your previous hours taught or lesson reviews from previous students. If you already have a Tutorful account, please log into it and update the information if necessary. If you have any issues updating your account, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have at least two years of tutoring/teaching experience
- We understand that everyone has to start somewhere, but we do ask that our tutors have at least two year’s experience before they start working with us. Working through us, it’s likely that you will get students who need support for important exams or deadlines, so we like to know that our tutors are already knowledgeable about teaching. If you don’t have any experience just yet, you could tutor friends, family members or through an educational organisation. We’d be happy to hear from you again once you’ve done some tutoring!
I am willing to and have the equipment to be able to teach online
- We have our own online classroom built into the site which is perfect for teaching online! We see the future of tutoring as online tuition, especially after the huge success we have had during the recent pandemic. We would like all of our tutors to be able to offer online lessons as it means that students have access to great tutors across the UK without the constraints of distance. It also means you don’t have to worry about travelling to lessons! If you are worried about teaching online, you can always contact our team and we’ll be happy to talk you through how everything works! You can see more about our online classroom here.
I agree to the Terms and Conditions and to book and accept payment for all lessons through the website
- As any organisation has, we have our Terms and Conditions in place to protect our tutors, students and Tutorful. You must agree to these to be able to be a tutor with us. We also handle all payments for lessons through the website, so you must be happy to receive payment directly into your bank account from Tutorful.