As you have found yourself here, you must be looking to become a tutor with us. We look forward to receiving your profile submission but there are a few things you should know before you get started! This article will briefly take you through what we expect from our applicants and what we look for when deciding whether or not to accept you as a tutor as well as what our application process entails.
Your application will be either accepted or rejected based on a few different criteria. We will be reviewing your application based on:
- The standard of your profile: A tutor’s profile is vital as it is what prospective students will see and makes a huge difference to the number of enquiries you will receive! We have a standard that we hold all of our tutor profiles to, you can see how to complete your profile here.
- The outcome of your one-to-one interview: During your interview, you’ll be asked to demonstrate how you teach and your interviewer will mark you on certain criteria. Unfortunately, if you are unsuccessful following your interview you won’t be asked to attend our training seminars!
- Attendance at our training sessions: If your interview is successful, we will give you two weeks to attend our training sessions. There are two sessions, one on using Tutorful and the other on using our online classroom.
- Your conduct when speaking to the Customer Support Team: Here at Tutorful, we expect all of our users to treat our team with respect. This is vital as it means we know you hold the same values as the company and will represent us well when interacting with students and staff.
In regards to the application process, here are the steps we will ask you to undertake in order to get tutoring on our platform:
- Complete your profile to a high standard, using our onboarding video as a guide
- Demonstrate your teaching in a 1-1 interview
- Attend training seminars
- Receive a copy of our Tutor Handbook and seminar recordings
- Once your references have been approved, you will go live on the site
For more information click here.