Need a hand getting up and running with us as a tutor? Not a problem!
Your profile contains all the information students may need to know before contacting you for lessons, so it’s important to ensure that everything on here is clear and covers all the subjects you would like to offer.
There are a few sections you will need to fill in before you can submit your profile to us, so to help you we have listed them below, along with some advice on how to complete each section:
Once you sign up as a tutor on our app, you'll see any areas of your profile that need to be completed, so you can make any changes required to your profile. As you go through each section, it will be checked off, so if you do need to come back to your application and finish it later, you can pick up right where you left off!
You'll need to complete a few things in order to submit your profile to us:
- Tagline - Your tagline appears next to your name when students come across your profile in the search results and at the top of your full profile. You can use this to indicate to students what it is you specialise in, for example, “Enthusiastic GCSE Maths Tutor”.
- Rate - You can set your own hourly rate, and on top of this hourly rate we then charge the student a small service fee. If you offer different rates for different subjects or levels, please ensure you state your highest rate here, and you can elaborate on this more in your Bio. More information on this can be found here.
- Bio - Your bio is one of the most important areas of your profile, as it allows you to tell students why you are a great tutor and give them more information about your previous experience. It should, therefore, be written in a professional but friendly manner, and should be written in the first person! You need to write both a long and short bio - a guide to writing a great bio can be found here.
- Profile Picture - You’ll need a good quality picture that will be displayed on your profile in which you look friendly and professional. Please ensure it is a picture of only yourself, and that it is clear and in colour. More information on choosing your profile picture can be found here.
- Qualifications - You can let students know of any relevant qualifications which support the subjects you would like to teach. As a general rule, we ask that you have a qualification at least the level above what subjects you’re offering.
- Subjects - This is a list of the subjects which you would like to teach through us. It is important that you only list subjects at the levels you are able to teach them, have the relevant qualifications to support these, and are familiar with the examination process where applicable. If you don’t have a formal qualification in a subject, be sure to explain your experience in your Bio so that students can be sure you’re the most suitable tutor for their needs. We find that students tend to prefer tutors who specialise in one area, rather than claiming to be a master of everything! Bear this in mind when picking your subjects.
- ID - we will need you to upload a form of identification, such as a passport or driving license, so we can verify your identity and, importantly, pay you for the lessons you teach! We also need to verify your billing address via either your driving license or an additional document. Information on the ID we can accept can be found here.
- DBS - We require an enhanced background check from all tutors working with us, so if you already have a certificate issued in the last 3 years, you can add in a picture during your application to speed things up! However, if you don't have one, don't worry - if we're happy to proceed with your application, we'll send you a link to sign up for a check, and you can find out more about this here.
- References - We will require at least two references to be returned to us, be it from past managers, colleagues, or students. You can simply add their name, email address and their relationship to yourself, and that will send them off a reference form from us to complete. Unfortunately, we cannot accept references from family members.
- Payment details - You don’t need to add these before your profile has been set live, however, we will need for these to be added before you teach your first lesson to ensure there are no delays to your payments!
Once you have added the above details you profile will automatically be submitted to our team to review!
If we like your application, we will get in touch as soon as we can to update you on your application status.