Tutorful’s Equality and Diversity Commitment
Tutorful is dedicated and committed to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture for all users of the website or Apps. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination.
The organisation - in providing services - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public in accordance with this policy.
Our aim is to ensure that all users of Tutorful are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All users of Tutorful, will be treated fairly and with respect.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.
- To create a service that promotes dignity and respect for every user.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment to either fellow users of the website or Tutorful’s employees.
- To promote equality in the marketplace, which Tutorful believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage users to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
As a company, we pride ourselves on maintaining a fair and equal marketplace in which everyone is given the same opportunities, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- Tutorful take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by employees, customers, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s activities
Such acts will be dealt with as misconduct under the organisation’s policies and procedures, and any appropriate action will be taken. Particularly serious complaints could amount to immediate removal from the website without notice.
Further, sexual harassment may amount to a criminal matter, such as in sexual assault allegations. In addition, harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 – which is not limited to circumstances where harassment relates to a protected characteristic – is a criminal offence.
Tutorful equality and diversity commitment is fully supported by senior management.
- Andy Jones - CEO
- Hannah Afifi - Head of People
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity are continually promoted on Tutorful.